Important note: This page hasn’t been edited since our last championship in September 2018. Many changes will probably be made before our 2019 championship, so don’t please don’t assume that what you’re reading here is up to date.
More than $600 will be given away in prices to the winners of the different sections! And some other types of prizes will be randomly given out to some lucky beginners, whether or not they finished near the top or near the bottom. Oh and by the way, the four CMSA Board members are allowed to compete, but they aren’t allowed to win any money.
Please note that since we will be coordinating the championships across three cities, it might take up to a few hours before we’re able to confirm who won any given challenge. Results should be known quickly enough, but if a competitor has to leave before receiving his or her reward, we’ll later arrange for the money to be deposited directly into his or her bank account.
National Memory Championship
- $150 for the first place in the Regular section and $50 for the second place
- $60 for the first place in the Open section
- $25 for first place in each of the Beginners, Seniors, Juniors and Kids sections
- In all three cities, one copy of the book “Moonwalking With Einstein – The Art and Science of Remembering Everything” will be randomly given away to someone regardless of his or her results.
National Mental Math Championship
- $100 for first place and $40 for second place in the Regular section
- $25 for first place in the Beginners section
- In all three cities, one copy of the book “Secrets of Mental Math: The Mathemagician’s Guide to Lightning Calculation and Amazing Math Tricks” will be randomly given away to someone regardless of his or her results.
Friendly Cubing Championship
- $60 will be given to whoever manages to solve a 3×3 cube the fastest.
- $10 will be given away to the winners of each of the first four additional challenges. $30 will be given to the winner of the multiple blind solves challenge.
- In Montreal and Vancouver, one 3×3, one 2×2 and one Pyraminx cube will be randomly given away to three competitors regardless of their results.